I propose that we travel to Ojai, CA along the coast, then take in some of the inland scenery on our way back home. If we do all of this stuff, we're probably going to be gone for two full weeks.
Here are some points of interest for discussion:
The two links below show a path from Seattle to Rose Valley (near Ojai, CA) and back to Seattle by an inland route.
On the way down, it's 1400 miles of coastline: Southbound Map
Avenue of the Giants
Elephant seals at San Simeon
Hearst Castle
Mission Santa Barbara
Santa Barbara
Ojai
Rose Valley
On the way back, its 1600 miles of both incredibly desolate landscape and some of the most beautiful scenery on the planet: Northbound Map
Devils Postpile
Yosemite
Lake Tahoe
Reno
Crater Lake
Mt. St. Helens
Mt. Ranier
For nightlife, there's San Francisco and Reno, and possibly a little action in Santa Barbara.
I'm sure there are lots of things I have missed. Any suggestions?
Waypoints
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
Posted by One Smooth Motion at 9:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Yeah thanks John ... this info is great!
I was just going to hop on the bike and wing it!
It was Gareth's idea to go in July but I'm sure he didn't consider those temperatures! When he gets back from Florida next week I'll point him here.
Post a Comment